First Day
We awoke to the sounds of birds in the trees and sunny skies. After a quick breakfast we headed to the Visitor’s Center and got oriented. We bought post cards and stamps, changed some money at the Banco, and then headed for the Whale’s Tail, which is part of a National Park. The kids had a ball swimming in the blue water, and Sarah and I walked all the way to the breaking waves on the furthest point out.
We had a nice lunch in a “soda”, which is the name for the mom n pop roadside places to eat that are everywhere you go. We had huge plates of rice, beans, chicken, carne asada, squash, salad and tortillas, and paid about $16 including Coca-Colas.
This afternoon is rainy so we are finishing unpacking chores, doing some laundry and making plans for tomorrow. Pictures (if I can get them to post on this modem connection) are of the kids at the beach, kids enjoying the outdoor shower, and swimming in the pool.
I still haven’t been able to get the house cell phone to work, but when I do we will be able to call the states and our message machine. If there is anything crucial going on until then please send an email to dpovie@comcast.net or leave a message here. Pura Vida!
No comments:
Post a Comment